NEW FOR 2018-2019--APPLY NOW!
This course is still in development. Please continue to check back for more details!
Electromechanical Technology (also commonly called "Mechatronics") is a three-year program that prepares students for employment and for continued education. Students will learn to design, install, troubleshoot, and repair today’s modern automation, robotic, and industrial equipment. Instructional topics include:
- Industrial Motor Controls
- Robotics and Electronics
- Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs)
- Mechanical Power Transmission Systems
- Fluid Power Systems/Hydraulics/Pneumatics
- Blueprints and Schematics
- Electricity and Electrical Systems
- A/C and D/C Circuitry
- Click the "Task List" link to the left for more details!
So what exactly is Electromechanical Technology? Watch this video to find out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4e85niwxeU
There is an extremely high demand for the skill set offered through this program. Below is just a sample of occupations related to this program (2016 average wages used):
Electro-Mechanical Technicians ($55,610)
Mechatronics Engineers ($97,300)
Industrial Machinery Mechanics ($50,040)
Maintenance Workers, Machinery ($44,550)