- COVID-19 Guidelines for schools require the use of face coverings while in our facility at all times.
- IF CPAVTS is CLOSED due to COVID-19, All Evening Classes are cancelled. Students will either report to the next scheduled class date when school is OPEN or will be contacted regarding reinbursement and/or rescheduling of the course.
- IF CPAVTS is CLOSED due to weather, All Evening Classes are cancelled. Students should report to the next scheduled class date when school is OPEN.
- We do not hold spots for any class. You must be fully registered and paid in complete to have a spot in the class.
- Minimum of 6 participants registered for class enrollment 1 week prior to class start date.
- Only cash and checks are accepted for payment: checks are to be made payable to "CPAVTS"
- For courses under $500, full payment must be received to reserve a slot in the course.
- For courses over $500, a 50% deposit is required to reserve a slot; full payment is due two weeks prior to first day of class.
- Payment plan schedules can be worked out on a case-by-case basis.
- Full refunds will be provided in the event a course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
- refund requests at least one week prior to the start of the class will be permitted, minus a $25 handling fee.
- No refunds will be provided less than one week prior to the start of class.
- Payments may be made by 3rd parties. If the 3rd party does not follow through with payment, the student is responsible for full payment.
- Contact Sarah Knipe at 717-697-0354 , ext. 185 for Inspection & Emissions Monday - Friday 7:15 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Registration can be completed and paid for at the school during regular school hours.
- If you plan to register in person please contact Mrs. Knipe to set up an appointment.
We are happy to expand our adult education evening programs and would appreciate working with area businesses who have customized job training needs.
Adult Course Offerings
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY - 120 Hour Course
Dates: June 28, 2021 - July 23, 2021 Mon-Fri
Time: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Description: The Introduction to Automotive Technology course will teach students about the major systems of today's automobile. Students will learn about the parts and operations of each system, as well as how to diagnose and repair problems. The course will prepare students to obtain their PA Safety Inspection, PA Emissions Inspection, and EPA 609 certifications. CLICK HERE for Automotive Course Details
Register and PAY BY CREDIT CARD (CLICK HERE)
WELDING SMAW - 120 Hour Course (Summer Class)
Dates: TBD- not currently available
Description: Shielded metal arc welding, more commonly known as stick welding. Because of its versatility and simplicity this process is the most popular welding process. With this process you can weld for various applications such as maintenance, repairs, fabrication, and heavy steel structures, including new construction. CLICK HERE for Welding SMAW Course Details
INTRO TO CNC OPERATIONS AND MACHINING - 120 Hour Course (Summer Class)
Dates: TBD- Not currently available
Description: The machining industry utilizes precision tools and equipment to transform engineers’ and designers’ visions into finished products. The training focuses on the skills that are in demand in the local and national job market. These are the skills required by the high-tech modern manufacturing businesses such as aerospace, medical instrumentation, defense, and many more. CLICK HERE for Intro to CNC and Machining Course Details
PA STATE SAFETY INSPECTION CERTIFICATION - Automotive Technician Course
Dates: NONE SCHEDULED (4 Night Classes and additional dates as needed) *note: these dates are tentative, if there is a COVID related school closure the course will be cancelled.
Time: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost: $190 + $40 (each per add on certification)
EMISSIONS CERTIFICATION - Automotive Technician Course
Dates: May 3-6, 2021 (4 Night Classes)
Time: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This will require an additional $39.99 Fee paid directly to PARSONS on their site and is necessary for obtaining all necessary materials for the course.
Register online OR scan, mail, or fax your completed registration form to:
110 Old Willow Mill Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Registration is not complete until cash, check, or money order is received.
please contact Receptionist at 717-697-0354, Ext. 185 Inspection & Emissions